Friday, January 30, 2009

We did it!!!

Three weeks ago I made the decision to try potty training Grayson. I had planned to dedicate three days to it. This means no leaving the house, no pull-up's, no diapers. I set the timer for 30 min and we would go try. He loves books so we Incorporated reading while he sat on the potty. By day #3 he had a whole 3 stickers on his potty chart and I had wondered what I had started. Then day #4 (Thursday) came and we had nothing planned so I thought one more day. Two accidents in the morning and then something must have clicked, he went from noon on Thursday to Sunday morning with no accidents! And now three weeks later I can't even remember how many days we have gone. And he has stayed dry at night for over a week and a half.
I let him pick out a new package of underwear at the store and he chose dinosaurs. The day we bought them he had put on a new pair each time he went potty and would carry all the other ones all over with him.
Good Job Grayson

4 comments:

shellyray said...

That is awesome! Your awesome! I need to potty train Ruben. How old is Grayson now? I haven't heard from you guys in forever. I hope all is well. We made our blog private without warning a soul. Sorry about that. Email me: mommy23cuties@gmail.com and I'll invite you to read it.

The Holdaway Family said...

Wahoo! I am so proud of Grayson and you for sticking in there! Aren't you so happy that you won't have two in diapers???

Tina said...

All I can say is "WOW!" Now that is nice only having one in diapers at a time! I can't believe it. I just turned to Tyler and told him. Grayson is only 5 weeks older than Jacob and we are NOWHERE near ready for that to happen for Jacob. He's not ready! Congrats on the accomplishment!!

Superflymama said...

WOOT! WOOT! Three cheers for Grayson! Good job bud.