Monday, January 26, 2009

What do you do....

So yesterday morning we were getting ready for church and Addie and I had already had a disagreement on the dress she should wear. She loves her polka-dot easter dress (from two years ago) that is a bit on the short side now, but I let her wear it one more time. That's not the worst part. I was in our bathroom doing my hair and when I walked out I saw that the door to the other bathroom was closed. I immediately knew why... she opened the door and had the biggest, proudest smile on her face. Yes, she had done her own hair. She sprayed it with the squirt bottle and then brushed it out. With her curly hair you can only imagine what it looked like brushed out. "I did my own hair mom"..... What do you do? Ryan and I looked at each other and we were not sure what to do.
Well I let her go to church that way and I grit my teeth the whole day. And I had forgotten that in Primary they were going to spotlight Addie Wilson's Family!!! So you can imagine what her hair looked like the last 15 minutes of a 3 hour block of church when they did the spotlight and we both got to stand up in front of everybody. But all in all the sun still came up this morning. So let them be little...I guess.
This picture was taken after the water had dried but the whole top of her hair was soaked.

3 comments:

The Holdaway Family said...

I thought that her hair looked just fine, and like you said the sun still came up this morning...By the way her dress was not even very short, did you see another little girl whos dress barely covered her bum???

Superflymama said...

How funny. I probably just wouldn't have gone to church. Her hair always looks so cute.

viddect said...

I've seen that hairdo before, on me. Curly Hair Rocks go Addie!!