Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tubing at Soldier Hollow

We had the opportunity to go experience the tube runs at Soldier Hollow near Heber on Saturday. If any of you have ever wondered about trying this... you NEED to. It's the coolest thing.
So if you look to the left of the picture you can see the row of tubes being pulled up the hill. Yes you sit in your tube and get pulled up. No walking up the hill involved. And then you choose the run of your choice to go down and away you go. Okay, so I did not get to try it. I gave up my pass to Grayson who was "too young." But it looked so fun and it is defiantly on my list of things to do next winter.
This girl did not want to stop. When we left it was dark and the slope was lit up by lights and Addie said "I want to go six more times." She loved it so much. and did not want to stop.

This was a picture of Ryan after the first ride down. He is pulling Grayson in one of the tubes. Ryan wanted to quit after 1 time but then we got a hat on him and his face covered up a little he was good for the next two hours. Grayson went twice and had a bit of a scare the second time down so we ended up watching from the nice warm car.



4 comments:

Natalie said...

That looks like so much fun! I have never been there...we will definitely have to try that the next time we visit in the winter.

Julie said...

There is always next winter Em.
We will have to go together with our kids.

Robbins said...

You are to fun! I recall a pretty scary experience going down a hill with you one time...remember? Unfortunately we didn't have the luxury of someone taking our tube back up.
Brett was so jealous. He has been begging to go take the kids. But I am like Ryan I am not much for the cold.
Hey by the way I am having a shoe party at my house this Saturday. You and Julie should come. It is from 11:00-12:30. I am TERRIBLE at invitations. I haven't done any.

Superflymama said...

Hey, that looks so fun. I need to take my kids up there.