Monday, August 3, 2009

Oquirruh Mountain Temple

Last Thursday we had the great opportunity to go to the Oquirruh Mountain Temple Open -house. It was so beautiful and our kids did amazing considering the lines.
Graysons favorite part was the "cows" or baptismal font. He didn't want to leave that area.
We were also fortunate to shake hands with Elder Russell M. Nelson. As we were walking through the Chapel the usher stoped the group behind us and we were the last ones in our group and I heard the Usher say to the other usher that they need to hold up the line because Elder Nelson was bringing his family into the chapel and when I turned around I saw him a couple people back so I stopped Ryan and we were able to shake his hand. It was the highlight of my night.
That temple is amazing and I am so glad I had the chance to take my children to see inside.

3 comments:

Robbins said...

YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD MOM!!!!!!!!!!

The Holdaway Family said...

What a fantastic oppotunity to shake his hand! I got to shake Elder L. Tom Perry's hand when I was in YW.

Natalie said...

I have heard that it is beautiful inside. I am so happy for you that you had the opportunity to go and take your kids.
We had Elder Dallin H Oaks at our stake conference a few months ago and I got to shake hands with him. On Sept. 20th we will get to have Richard G. Scott at stake conference. It is a wonderful opportunity to be in the same room with a General Authority :)