Friday, July 10, 2009

Lost Child

Wow it's been so long I forgot how to blog.
I've got a funny story.
Ryan had a softball game tonight and at the complex they have what they call a playground for the kids but I like to refer to it as a kidnappers paridise. Anyway I have learned to dress my kids in clothes that are easy to identify so I can keep track of them while they play and I watch the game.
Well tonight I had gotten 2 otter pops and told Addie to take one to Grayson, well a few minutes latter she comes back still carring Grayson's otter pop and so I ask where Gray is. She said she wasn't sure so I instantly start looking. I have her go to the playground one more time and I start walking around the building in the center when I hear this....
"ATTENTION EVERYONE WE HAVE A LOST CHILD. HE IS WEARING A YELLOW SHIRT WITH BLACK STRIPES. IF THIS IS YOUR CHILD PLEASE COME UPSTAIRS AND GET HIM"
Holy embarrasing. So I go up stairs and there is Grayson standing on the table looking out the big window watching Ryan's game!
They might as well given me a big orange flag that said "warning bad mom" everyone was giving me some good looks the rest of the evening. Next week he's wearing a white shirt.

5 comments:

The Holdaway Family said...

nice. I'm glad that he was found, Reagan would have be devistated!

The Holdaway Family said...

P.S. I love your new family picture!

Robbins said...

YOU CRACK ME UP!!!!!!!!!! I lose Easton every time we go! But I always figure whoever takes him will bring him back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) It is the WORSE feeling but the best to see their faces in the end.

Dave and Holly said...

At least it wasn't over the intercom and walmart!!! I love your family pictures. You do a great job at coordinating outfits.

Natalie said...

That is to funny! I am way to overprotective..I am afraid to let Tanner out of my site...he is so friendly and if someone asked him to go with them, he would be all for it..lol...I am so glad that is was ok and nothing bad happened. Your picture is adorable!!